External Wiring & Lighting

Lots of people require, or would like to update their electrics in domestic properties by adding outside power but feel it maybe a job too far – or too expensive and may create great upheaval, this is rarely the case.

From an outside light to a summer house, having outside power is very handy and is not as hard to overcome as some may think.

Obviously the supply of electricity needs to make its way from the house to the new location. We would suggest to bury or clip direct, an armoured cable from the existing property – power supply and then run to the new shed, light fittings or summer house / garage etc.

This would then be terminated into a new small consumer unit, to then go on to distribute the power accordingly.

All circuits on the ground floor with socket outlets, in most domestic installations, must have RCD protection, this can be via an RCD module or seperate RCBOs, and this is no different for your new armoured circuit and new sub-board.

The only main issue would be how to feed this new circuit. After a full test on the circuits within the original installation we would determine the best / safest / correct way in which to do so.

This could be via a fused spur taken from an original ring in the property, or a new supply fed straight from the original Fuse Board.

Contact SandCo Electrical to book in your £99 + VAT* Full Test and Inspection to find out where you stand with your electrics and ask our qualified engineers the best way to add outside power to your property!